Friday, April 17, 2009

Rise and shine



This morning when I went into Julie's dark bedroom to "see" if she was awake -yes, she'd slept 7 hours- my eyes hadn't aclimatized. I leaned over her entire bed and with a deep concentration I focused my tired eyes on what I thought was her head...


...and at the same time I realized that it was her favorite puppy Chien blanc I was staring at I got a feeling of being observed...

....Julie was laying sideways at the foot of the bed quietly smiling, anticipating that it's finally time for breakfast and with the curious expression on her face: "Mommy didn't you see that I was down here!"


My husband G and I compete to be the first one at her bed in the mornings -yes, even on weekends!- and be showered by her beautiful contagious smile!

No comments: